Bitcoin Сash hardfork and reply protection
On November 15, Bitcoin Cash was hard-forked and split into two separate chains, Bitcoin ABC and BitcoinSV. These are two different and non-compatible blockchains with two different teams that follow their own rules. However, there is no replay protection between them. It means that either of your BCH (ABC)/BSV transactions will be available on both chains simultaneously (double-spend).
To prevent that, you need to split BCH from BSV before sending money. Splitter tools mix each of your transactions with a special one. This measure helps make each transaction unique and prevent networks from simultaneous broadcasting.
How to split your Bitcoin Cash?
To use BCH (ABC)/BSV, download the latest version of Atomic Wallet that supports both currencies. Note that Atomic Wallet doesn't provide a splitter tool. To split BCH and BSV, you need to do the following:
- Open Atomic Wallet and search BCH and BSV.
- Open your account on an exchange that supports both forks (Binance, Poloniex, Kraken etc).
- Send either BCH(ABC)/BSV from your Atomic Wallet address to your exchange wallet address. Once sent, you will see both currencies gone.
- Once the transaction is complete, you will see both currencies deposited to your exchange wallet address.
- Withdraw either of BCH or BSV back to your Atomic Wallet address. You will see the currencies going separately.
Once withdrawn, you can use these coins separately from your Atomic Wallet. Bear in mind that if someone sends you unsplit coins, your BCH and BSV might get split again. In that case, you will have to repeat the procedure.
To use BCH (ABC)/BSV, download the latest version of Atomic Wallet that supports both currencies.